Friday 6 February 2015

Goodluck Jonathan10 important things President said in his media chat

President Goodluck Jonathan during a media chat on February 11, 2015.
President Goodluck Jonathan today, February 11, held a live media chat with journalists.
Jonathan answered questions on important national issues such as the recent postponement of elections and the fight against Boko Haram.
Below are 10 important things he said during the chat:

  1. Let me reassure Nigerians that elections will be conducted in this country and a government will be inaugurated on May 29.
  2. If the elections are conducted and I lose of course we will inaugurate a new govt"
  3. I was not consulted about the postponement and I don't want to be consulted”
  4. In Lagos for example only 38% have their PVCs, so if you hold elections 62% will not be able to vote'
  5. I appointed Jega; there are provisions in our laws that allow me to remove him.
  6. I've not told anybody that I'm going to remove Jega"
  7. A thief should be called a thief. Ole should be called ole! If you say somebody is corrupt people don't know what you mean"-
  8. Nobody is saying Boko Haram must be wiped out completely before they conduct elections"
  9. There is no hiding place for Boko Haram again"
  10. I do not want to quote a date for the release of the Chibok Girls. The alliance with our neighbours bring hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment